MARLEANET (MARitime LEArning NETwork)
Centre Européen de Formation Continue Maritime (CEFCM) - Université de Bretagne Occidentale (UBO)
The European programme MARLEANET (MARitime LEArning NETwork) aims at developing a network of maritime training centres along the Atlantic area and answering needs expressed by the maritime community. Six partners are investigated in the project:
- Centre Européen de Formation Continue Maritime (CEFCM) and Université de Bretagne Occidentale (UBO), France ;
- National Maritime College of Ireland (NMCI), Ireland;
- Escola Superior Náutica Infante D. Henrique (ENIDH) et Mútua dos Pescadores, Portugal ;
- Centro Tecnológico del Mar (CETMAR), Spain.
The project is built following four steps:
- Analyse of the current situation in the Atlantic area: identification of the stakeholders and the existing maritime training;
- Connection between the maritime training centres in the area;
- Development of training programmes adapted to the maritime life and the skills using both training centres and on-line platforms. Four training themes: management of human resources, risk evaluation, environmental protection and on-board health and medicine”.
- Test training: test of first courses by trainees, network expansion and signature of a good quality charter.